Skip to main content
Scorpion Trailer Attenuator 10002 Series
NCHRP 350 tested and approved for all mandatory and optional offset and angled impacts
Only Trailer Attenuator, tested and approved when attached to a 10,000 lb host vehicle.
- - Caution - Forward roll of host vehicle was 64' when impacted by a 4,500 lb. (2,041.17 k.g.) truck traveling at 63.5 mph (100 km/h)
- - Single point attachment to standard 20 Ton (minimum) rated pintle hook is quick and easy
- - Requires little or no modification to host vehicle or additional mounting hardware.
- - 1/2" thick x 32" wide minimum pintle hook mounting plate required
- - Telescoping Anti-Rotational System (TARS™) minimizes Scorpion Trailer rotation during angled impacts and prevents trailer separation from host vehicle
- - The Scorpion's proven modular design crushes in progressive states allowing quick and economical replacement of damaged parts
- - The unique curved design gives full width protection to the back of the host vehicle and protects the "coffin corners" of the truck
- - Rear axle placement improves trailer stability and prevents the tail from "bottoming out" on driveways or uneven surfaces
- - Overall length of the Scorpion Trailer Attenuator is only 17' 5" - the shortest on the market
- - Integrated electric brake system comes standard on Scorpion Trailer - brakes are automatically activated in the event of trailer separation or hitch failure
- - Available in a shorter (12' 7") lower speed TL-2 (45 mph) model, which is ideal for congested city streets or where posted speeds are 45 mph or less
- - Optional Arrow or Message Board can easily be attached to the Scorpion Trailer Attenuator.